Skip to main content

The Devil’s Playground Duet by Ashley Jade

* I drank an entire bottle of wine before I attempted to read book two*

 “ I never wanted to become him, and I sure as hell never wanted anything of his .....until her”

Going into this book I had absolutely no idea that it was going to mess with my Sanity like it did. Suffice to say that I .Was . Not . Ready! 

I stared reading this book and A couple pages in I thought that I knew where the story was going, but then we met Damien and everything I thought I knew left me right along with my morals!
These books has more twists and turns than I can express ( it really fucked with my head) 
Let me just say that when Damien King had his first lick I almost had an aneurism! I kid you not!!!
I started fucking screaming and I’m pretty sure my Bf thought I lost my mind! To this day that’s my favorite sex scene in any book EVER (just read the book you’ll know what I’m talking about) 
Now that we got that out of the way, I can focus on the story lol . 
Ashely gave us everything in this series, the perfect storyline, amazing twist and turns and dark themes. She took us on journey- made us play a game where she kept adding pieces of the puzzle until it slowly unravels and what an amazing unraveling it was. 
The first book gave us Cain and Damien’s story with flashes of Eden but in book two she becomes the main character and is no longer the lamb being led to slaughter. 
I can’t review them separately because this story flowed so beautifully into each other I felt like I only read one book. The dynamic between these 3 characters really blew my mind, Cain is a master manipulator and I have never read a character quite like him but Damien...oh Damien can have my heart and soul for all the days of his life. I fell in love with him in book 1 and book 2 cemented it. Eden stared off as a meek little girl but by book 2 she bloomed into this amazing fierce vixen and I absolutely loved her. 
Ashley truly wrote a masterpiece because this book was raw, dirty, thrilling and decadent. I never wanted it to end. It was mind consuming in the most delicious way. 
I feel like I have so much feelings towards this book that it doesn’t matter how much I write it will never be enough to do it justice. 

I’m trying to not give away any major spoilers in case you haven’t read this Duet because I think you need to go in as blind as possible so you can experience it the way I did. This was the first book that I read from Ashely and I have read everything she published since because it was that good! 
I promise all you need is one book to get a taste and you will be hooked lined and sinkered! 

This duet was 5/5 for me and I definitely recommend!

*he fucks the same way he threatens......with no mercy* 

PS- I also recommend wine because you’re going to need it when you meet Damien King.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked Lies Boys Tell by K Webster

Firstly I just want to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with this author, she writes some of the most deliciously dark and dirty books! *this is an MM book*  I always get excited whenever K releases a new book because she’s one of those authors that I love everything she writes. When I read the blurb for Wicked Lies Boys Tell I began counting down the days until the notification popped up on my kindle lol. Everything about this books grabs you and sucks you in from the first page. Meet Penn, all American jock, super popular trust fund baby and a Liar! Then there’s Cope, brooding artist, bad boy , and a cold hearted devil with a hot girlfriend but he happens to be the biggest Liar of them all, also they are Ex- best friends turned enemies. After a reconciliation, their relationship is no longer black or white but it’s in this weird grey area. Emotions are running strong and the odds are set against Penn and Cope. This story is filled with forbidden feelings and half trut

Dreams of 18 by Saffron A Kent

Before I get into this review I feel like I should say a few things. Saffron is an author who I absolutely adore, she wrote one of my favorite books EVER * The Unrequited * I have always loved her way with words and her ability to pull you into a story.  With that being said let’s get into Dreams of 18.  *contains spoilers* “Something made of Moon and Magic” This book is a stand-alone but it includes characters that we already met in Medicine Man.  We first got to meet Violet as one of Willows friends in Heartstone. This book starts off with Violet first seeing Graham when she was 16 but both characters never actually talk until she turned 18 even though she Brian’s (his son) best friend and they’re neighbors. Stay with me- on the night of her 18th birthday she decides to sneak into Graham’s yard which she usually does to collect flowers. They meet, share a kiss (which is all her doing) her sister and Brian finds them in this compromising position and it “ruins

Hush Hush by Lucia Franco

* This review does not contain spoilers as I believe that you need to go in blind to get the full experience of this book * Lucia Franco has become my new favorite author. I first read her work in the Off Balance Series and halfway through book one I was hooked-lined-sinkered!! When the blurb for Hush Hush was released I honestly was not that excited but I knew that I would read it anyway because it's Lucia! What I WAS NOT expecting was to fall head over heels in love with this book ( like in love love). This is slow burn romance at it's best. I kid you fucking not! I was at the edge of my seat for the first half of this book and on the floor for the second. Meet Aubrey, a college student who has not had the easiest life so when her roommate\best friend Natalie decides to help get her a job at Sanctuary Cove an upscale secret club she decides to take a chance because it can help her and her Gammy financially. I think this book officially captured my heart when Aubr