Skip to main content

Hush Hush by Lucia Franco

* This review does not contain spoilers as I believe that you need to go in blind to get the full experience of this book *

Lucia Franco has become my new favorite author. I first read her work in the Off Balance Series and halfway through book one I was hooked-lined-sinkered!!

When the blurb for Hush Hush was released I honestly was not that excited but I knew that I would read it anyway because it's Lucia!

What I WAS NOT expecting was to fall head over heels in love with this book ( like in love love). This is slow burn romance at it's best. I kid you fucking not! I was at the edge of my seat for the first half of this book and on the floor for the second.

Meet Aubrey, a college student who has not had the easiest life so when her roommate\best friend Natalie decides to help get her a job at Sanctuary Cove an upscale secret club she decides to take a chance because it can help her and her Gammy financially.
I think this book officially captured my heart when Aubrey had her interview for the club * pants heavily * I was fucking SHOOKED!!!

This is where she eventually meets ''James Rivera'' and let me tell you he is one of the sexiest characters that I ever read about. James is ALL MAN, he knows exactly what he wants and he TAKES it. He’s all Command and Demand and I fucking loved it.The first real conversation that James and Aubrey had I knew, I knew that he would conquer me. Not only is he sexy, dominant and demanding but he is intelligent, passionate and confident.

 I know a lot of you may read this story and think that James and Aubrey are the villains and you will be absolutely fucking right but this book is not black and white. The thing is, this is not a love or romance story it is a LIFE STORY.
I can't say anything more because I need you to experience all the delicious twist and turns on your own. At one point I thought that no one would of gotten their HEA because so many lies were spun, loyalties tested and hearts broken. The character development in this book was truly amazing, she allowed their strength and weaknesses to show in such a beautiful way and you felt like you were right there failing and learning and growing with them.

The way in which this story was written, Lucia gives us everything that makes up a perfect book. You get the laugh out loud moments ( provided by Nat and Aubrey) , the angst, the romance, the emotions, and not to mention the panty melting sexual chemistry.

No one and I repeat NO ONE does age gap romances like Lucia! This has been one of my favorite reads of 2019 and I definitely recommend.
4/5 Seductive Stars


"Life is a collection of moments," he reads. His voice washes over me and I lean in. "When I'm six feet under, my story will still be here because memories don't die. They'll live on." 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked Lies Boys Tell by K Webster

Firstly I just want to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with this author, she writes some of the most deliciously dark and dirty books! *this is an MM book*  I always get excited whenever K releases a new book because she’s one of those authors that I love everything she writes. When I read the blurb for Wicked Lies Boys Tell I began counting down the days until the notification popped up on my kindle lol. Everything about this books grabs you and sucks you in from the first page. Meet Penn, all American jock, super popular trust fund baby and a Liar! Then there’s Cope, brooding artist, bad boy , and a cold hearted devil with a hot girlfriend but he happens to be the biggest Liar of them all, also they are Ex- best friends turned enemies. After a reconciliation, their relationship is no longer black or white but it’s in this weird grey area. Emotions are running strong and the odds are set against Penn and Cope. This story is filled with forbidden feelings and half trut

Dreams of 18 by Saffron A Kent

Before I get into this review I feel like I should say a few things. Saffron is an author who I absolutely adore, she wrote one of my favorite books EVER * The Unrequited * I have always loved her way with words and her ability to pull you into a story.  With that being said let’s get into Dreams of 18.  *contains spoilers* “Something made of Moon and Magic” This book is a stand-alone but it includes characters that we already met in Medicine Man.  We first got to meet Violet as one of Willows friends in Heartstone. This book starts off with Violet first seeing Graham when she was 16 but both characters never actually talk until she turned 18 even though she Brian’s (his son) best friend and they’re neighbors. Stay with me- on the night of her 18th birthday she decides to sneak into Graham’s yard which she usually does to collect flowers. They meet, share a kiss (which is all her doing) her sister and Brian finds them in this compromising position and it “ruins