Skip to main content

The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters


Pepper Winters, I am convinced that your words are dipped in fucking MAGIC! 

There will be no spoilers in this review because I believe that you need to go in blind, and to get the full impact of this story I recommend you read The Ribbon Duet prior. 

With that being said....Jacob Wild you’re the thief of hearts and the destroyer of hope....and yet still you OWN ME!
After the breathtakingly beautiful story of Ren and Della I had no idea that their little Wild One would come along and steal a piece of my fucking soul. 
I thought that after his parents love that was literally written in the stars that he would of embraced all things that is love but oh how wrong was I. Jacob is one of the most complex characters that Pepper ever wrote. 
Jacob Wild is dying form a broken heart.... because he truly believes that where love and happiness exists so does tragedy and death. I had to watch this beautiful human reluctance at being loved even when I knew that his heart was as big as galaxies. All because of one tragedy and a promise he made to his Hero. 

Then we got the pleasure of meeting Hope Jacinta Murphy “little lace”. I loved that her issues are so much like Jacob’s own but 
instead of hating the idea of love her heart grew 10 times in size and she loved without conditions. She’s one of those characters that shines through even on the darkness days. The way she tried her hardest to break through Jacobs walls were excruciating to read but I loved her more for it. She truly is a beautiful character, strong, selfless and resilient. 

And then there’s Della Ribbon....just when I thought that I couldn’t possibly love her anymore Pepper proved me wrong. Its been months since I read this book and I still can’t think about her without feeling a flutter in my heart. 

The amount of emotions that this book has pulled from me, I was left exhausted but in the most beautiful way. This book tested the limits of every character as they had to allow Jacob to be who he needed to be without the proclamation of love. 
I think this was the hardest thing for me, to know that you love someone with every molecule of your being but that person cannot love you back. 
What would you do when every breath you take, you’re willing to take another for the person you love but he would rather suffocate that accept it? 

Suffice to say that this book Ripped. My. Fucking. Heart. Out....but all the heartache and tears were worth it because in the end I got to witness the most hauntingly beautiful love story EVER! 

What Winters gave us with this book is nothing short of perfect and It will ruin you in the best possible way. 
I promise you will not regret this entire series, it’s unlike anything that you’ve ever read before. 
Truly once in a lifetime. 

5/5  Emotional Stars.

* “And just like his father, the love he had to give comes with torture and torment, and I pity the poor girl that falls for him” *
I would like to include a poem from the amazing Atticus because I remember at 85% in this book I recited it. 

*Ma luciole,

my firefly the very spark of my life in the darkest night burning bright you are my Hope the only light I need to see. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked Lies Boys Tell by K Webster

Firstly I just want to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with this author, she writes some of the most deliciously dark and dirty books! *this is an MM book*  I always get excited whenever K releases a new book because she’s one of those authors that I love everything she writes. When I read the blurb for Wicked Lies Boys Tell I began counting down the days until the notification popped up on my kindle lol. Everything about this books grabs you and sucks you in from the first page. Meet Penn, all American jock, super popular trust fund baby and a Liar! Then there’s Cope, brooding artist, bad boy , and a cold hearted devil with a hot girlfriend but he happens to be the biggest Liar of them all, also they are Ex- best friends turned enemies. After a reconciliation, their relationship is no longer black or white but it’s in this weird grey area. Emotions are running strong and the odds are set against Penn and Cope. This story is filled with forbidden feelings and half trut

Dreams of 18 by Saffron A Kent

Before I get into this review I feel like I should say a few things. Saffron is an author who I absolutely adore, she wrote one of my favorite books EVER * The Unrequited * I have always loved her way with words and her ability to pull you into a story.  With that being said let’s get into Dreams of 18.  *contains spoilers* “Something made of Moon and Magic” This book is a stand-alone but it includes characters that we already met in Medicine Man.  We first got to meet Violet as one of Willows friends in Heartstone. This book starts off with Violet first seeing Graham when she was 16 but both characters never actually talk until she turned 18 even though she Brian’s (his son) best friend and they’re neighbors. Stay with me- on the night of her 18th birthday she decides to sneak into Graham’s yard which she usually does to collect flowers. They meet, share a kiss (which is all her doing) her sister and Brian finds them in this compromising position and it “ruins

Hush Hush by Lucia Franco

* This review does not contain spoilers as I believe that you need to go in blind to get the full experience of this book * Lucia Franco has become my new favorite author. I first read her work in the Off Balance Series and halfway through book one I was hooked-lined-sinkered!! When the blurb for Hush Hush was released I honestly was not that excited but I knew that I would read it anyway because it's Lucia! What I WAS NOT expecting was to fall head over heels in love with this book ( like in love love). This is slow burn romance at it's best. I kid you fucking not! I was at the edge of my seat for the first half of this book and on the floor for the second. Meet Aubrey, a college student who has not had the easiest life so when her roommate\best friend Natalie decides to help get her a job at Sanctuary Cove an upscale secret club she decides to take a chance because it can help her and her Gammy financially. I think this book officially captured my heart when Aubr